Sunday, December 6, 2009

About Pavorotti and 'Carmen'?

Has Pavarotti ever recorded a song from Carmen? I have never heard one and I have videos of most of his concerts. I know, from family background, that some Italians call Carmen 'that nasal opera', referring to its French origins and refuse to rate it as the great opera it is. They think the French language doesn't lend itself to Opera. Was Pavarotti one of them? I would dearly love to hear him sing an aria from Carmen. Can anyone tell me the name of an album that features this?



About Pavorotti and 'Carmen'?hollywood theater



I found this link to an album "opera made easy" on Amazon. Pavarotti sings 3 songs on it from Carmen.



About Pavorotti and 'Carmen'?opera.com opera theater



http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/807799/T...



track 6 on disc 2
Yes he did. And it sounds as good as everything else he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover