Sunday, December 6, 2009

Would you name your child Delilah?

Is it just me, or do people just not know what the name means? Every time I hear the song "Hey there Delilah" or I hear the radio host Delilah talking, I think about this.



I'm not the only one, either. The Phantom of the Opera uses "Delilah" as an insult.



Would you name your child Delilah?theatre tickets



Yes I will, and she will be the most wicked hair stylist EVER!



(get it?)



Would you name your child Delilah?opera house opera theater



Maybe the people who name their daughters Delilah aren't Jewish or Christian, so it holds no meaning for them. It's a lovely name as just a name.



)O(
Its a pretty name.
I think it's a cute name. I'd name my daughter and/or son that... Not really my son...
At least it beats "Destinee" and "Brytnie" ( I kid you not) I even read about a baby girl on Q and A named "Labia". Why do I think that some young resident physician suggested that to her unschooled mommy--poor kid! Not sure about Delilah, I like Lilah though. Delilah would be a great name for some sort of big cat; either domesticated or in a cage. YOWL.
Maybe it depends.
well depends.
why wouldnt you...?



its just a name. whatever is associated with it wont change/affect the person who gets that name...?
Nah...I suggested "Carmen" to my wife if we ever had a little girl. She said, "I like the 'car' part, I just don't like the 'men'."



"Spoken like a true feminist," I replied.



(That joke's even funnier when you realize that my wife's a lesbian...)
It's a pretty name. I probably would have considered it if for one of my daughters if their father's surname weren't one of those really funny Czech names. That really limited my choices, I felt. I don't have to live with the names I chose, after all...
lol Not hardly, but I do know a person by the name of Ecstasy Delight. Gag me with a spoon.
Love that song!
I don't think about baby names. Too early. lol Who knows what I will name my kids though.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover