Sunday, December 6, 2009

Does anyone remember the "Alpha bits" commercial from the 1960's?

The commercial was for "Alphabits" cereal, and it aired about the time I was learning my ABC's.



It went:



A's for Arnie Astronaut,



B is Baseball Benny,



C is Cowgirl Catherine,



D is Doctor Denny.



E is Eddie Engineer,



F is Firemen Frank,



G is ____ _____ _____ _____ ______,



H is ____ _____ _____.



I is Iris Indian,



J is Jester Jenny,



K is _____ _____ _______,



L is _____ _____ Lenny.



M is ____ _____ ____ ____ _____,



N is ____ _____ Nat,



O is Opal Opera Star,



P's Policeman Pat,



Q is Quincy Quarterback,



R is Racer Rudy,



S is Sally Secretary



T is Teacher Trudy!



U,V,W,X,Y,Z!



I have already Googled with no success. I sang this song like every day when I was a kid, so now I can't remember it and it's bugging me. Thanks in advance for not giving me jopke answers like, "Chester Molester." Can we recapture this annoying piece of childhood?



Does anyone remember the "Alpha bits" commercial from the 1960's?met opera



I was around in the '60s, but don't remember this particular Alpha-Bits ad.



I remember another Alpha-Bits ad, though. This was a '70s ad, and there were kids spelling out the letters of imaginary creatures that were coming to get them, and then they'd eat the letters, and the scary thing would away. One time, that ad was playing, and a relative of mine was totally wrecked on medication after having come home from the hospital. In the ad, one of the kids said something like, "Help! There's an alligator!" and the animated TV kids started spelling out the letters with Alpha-Bits. Suddenly, my relative bellowed, "Don't worry, kids, I'll save you!" And then he blew away the TV set with a shotgun. True story.



Just wanted to say that I've been looking for your ad, and haven't found it yet. I'm afraid that I might not be able to find it.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can fill in a few lines:

    H is Handyman Hank
    J is Justice Judy
    L is Lovable Truly
    M is Michael Magic Man
    N is Navy Nat

    ReplyDelete

 
adware remover