Sunday, December 6, 2009

Natural Vibrato?

I have a natural vibrato, and I'm a soprano one. I know that a natural vibrato is a by-product of good breathing technique, and I love it when I'm singing choral/opera/Broadway, but sometimes it sounds weird when I'm trying to sing something by Flyleaf or someone.



When I try to kill the vibrato my voice sounds really flat, so should I just get used to the vibrato and "make the song my own" when I'm singing something besides classical?



Another thing, I can only reach the F or G below middle C but reach the F two (maybe three?) octaves above middle C. Should I try to broaden my lower range? I know as a soprano one I'll rarely need to hit the lower notes, but I'm just wondering.



Natural Vibrato?chicago theater



I think trying to kill your vibrato is one of the worst things you can do to your voice. It puts an immense amount of strain on your vocal cords and over time will only lead to vocal deterioration. Sounding flat when you try to sing without vibrato should already be a warning. You have your own unique sound so just 'make the song your own' as you say.



And I think your lower range is good enough where it is. Actually, your whole range is good enough for anything. Instead of trying to 'hit more low notes', try to strengthen your lowest notes right now. Like practise broadening your range to the point where you can hit (not sing) maybe a couple of notes below F, so that when you sing your low Fs and Gs, they'll sound stronger and be more useable.



All the best!



Natural Vibrato?met opera opera theater



I think singing with vibrato makes the voice more pure and sounds nice.
well, about the vibrato thing...what you should do is practice more without using it when ur singing stuff by flyleaf or something like that.



And if you want to you can broaden your lower range, but your range in general is really good where it is, its your decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover